Are you making this BIG Facebook mistake that SO many others are making? If so, you’re leaving money on the table and you’re missing out on some amazing FREE real estate on the #1 platform in the world. Want to know what it is?
Neglecting to connect your Facebook fan page to your personal profile.
Yep! That’s it! And in all seriousness, this is a BIG mistake. Today, I want to show you how to add your fan page to your personal profile. No more leaving money on the table and no more missing out on the FREE real estate that is available to you! Remember, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to find you and connect with your business on the number #1 social media platform. So, let’s do this!
1) Go to your personal Facebook profile and underneath your cover photo, you will see an “About” tab that you can click on. Once you see it, click on it (You will also see a tab called, “Update Info” that you can also click on and it will take you to the exact same page).
2) Next, you will see on the left hand side some different sections you can choose. Click on the one that says, “Work and Education.”
3) Once you click on “Work and Education”, you will see on the right side where you can add your workplace.
Click on that + sign and Facebook will will bring up this screen that will allow you start typingin your information.
4) Next, you will see where it says, “Company” and next to that it asks, “Where have you worked?” This is where you need to start typing in the exact name of your Facebook fan page. As you start typing it, Facebook will bring it up for you. When you see your fan page, click on it.
5) Once you have completed each section, click “Save Changes” and you will be all set. Be sure though, that you set this work information to public. The key here is that you want people to have an easy way to learn more about your business and your Facebook fan page from your personal profile.
Also, make sure that you fill everything in! Including the description. Specifically, use some of your keywords in this section and make sure that you make your description inviting!
6) Lastly, head back to your profile’s timeline and you will now see that you have a clickable link that leads your friends and followers straight to your fan page! This is a GREAT use of the free real estate that Facebook offers!