As a Fall-Freak, I’m learning to love and appreciate all the seasons. As I grow older, I want to create memories and fun all year long- I want to have some springtime fun!
I loved spring when my two daughters were young; we’d fling open the door and step outside after a long winter! We’d shed our winter clothes and put on lighter fabrics! We’d see bright and pastel colors instead of the darker winter hues! We’d grab balls, bikes, and friends and enjoy the warmer temperatures and longer days!
My days of raising kids may be over, but I still want to enjoy this season! This year, I decided to be intentional and create a list of ways to have more springtime fun! This is a list for families, singles, and anyone who wants to add ways to celebrate and enjoy spring!
Let’s get started:
- Check your community calendar, college and university websites, churches, libraries and other places that offer free or low-cost activities. Your local high school has plays, sports, and music functions for the public to enjoy- take advantage of all the talented teenagers out there!
- I am going to attend a high school lacrosse game. I have watched most other sports- time to check this one out!
- We all know that exercise is important for so many reasons! I have added some positive changes in my life the past few years, but spring is definitely the time of year to take advantage of outdoor exercising! It’s not too hot and not too cold! You might choose to bike, hike, walk, run, play tennis, or many other ways to exercise (and have fun!) Do this with your spouse, kids, family, and/or friends. Decide this year to add a new exercise/sport to your list.
- I am going to buy a bike and discover some local bike paths!
- I’m a photography wannabe! I love looking at the beautiful photos that others take, but I’ve finally realized that I like to be where the action is, not behind a camera! But spring is such a gorgeous time of year! Everything is green and colorful; things are fresh and bright!
- After recently visiting a childhood friend and looking at her new hobby, I’ve decided to find a watercolor class. I want to learn the basics of watercolor painting so I can capture all the spring beauty around me!
- I love spring weather much more than summer (I actually get kind of crabby when it’s really hot!) So, this is the time of year I like to meet my friends at all the restaurants with outdoor patios. There is something whimsical about enjoying a lovely dinner under the stars or watching a sunset!
- There are still lots of local restaurants I haven’t been to- this spring is the perfect time to check them out!
The above list is just the beginning…. I hope you will share your ideas for springtime fun!
Leave your suggestions in the comment section below.