One of the most effective ways to market your products or services is through speaking. And yes…your expertise shines through your ability to speak clearly, dynamically and in a way that connects with your audience.
YOU are the expert in your business area, but if you can’t or don’t communicate in an engaging way that educates your clients and customers, they will, I repeat WILL, find an expert who does!
There is a model I teach about and use that helps you develop clear content, engage your customers and clients, educate them and lead them to the next step with you. But to help you think about selecting CONTENT that will help market your products or services through speaking, here are some questions to work through:
- Who are you marketing your product or service to? Get specific.
- What content is valuable to your potential clients and customers?
- How can you say it in a way that is simple and compelling – not preaching, but action-oriented?
- What problem are you helping them solve?
- What stories can you tell or examples can you give that will help them relate to what you are educating them about?
- How can you paint a picture that gives them clarity about how your product or service makes their life better?
- Is your content helping them understand the problem, learn about how it affects them and see how they can take steps toward resolving the problem?
- What is the ONE THING you want them to do as a result of educating them about your product or service?
- Is your content clean and clear? We all do better when we receive info in bite-sized pieces we can act on simply!
- Can you share this content with your customers and clients with genuine passion and invite them into business with you because you KNOW you are serving them?
When you market your products or services through speaking, you engage your audience, draw them to you and invite them into business with you. You establish yourself as the expert in your area. Help them see the problem you can help them solve, know what steps they can take and clearly paint a picture of how their life will be better because of their business relationship with you.