A great way to go through the iChoose2 Love My Life book is with a small group! You can design the group in whatever way that works for you. Here are ideas of people you can ask to join your group, formats and locations for your group to meet. We’d love to hear about your group and what you are learning.
Who will be in your group?
- A few women you would like to get to know better
- Sunday School class or Small Group
- Mother/Daughters – you can even do this on the phone if you don’t live close to each other!
- Women’s Ministry groups
- Think about people in your sphere of influence and create a group or even one other person!
Where will your group meet?
- In homes
- At a restaurant – Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?
- At a coffee shop
- In a park
- A room at the church
Example of Procedure a Group Can Follow, if you meet monthly:
Groups meet for an hour.
- Leader reviews the topic from the past month. Summarize what is presented in the book. You may want to add to it or share some examples or stories. Show video if you would like to.
- Read the scriptures that go with each week or choose one you like.
- Open in prayer.
- Lead discussion. With each topic ask the following questions. You may ask other questions that you think will inspire participation.
- How does this topic speak to you?
- Has this been an area of struggle for you? If so, how?
- Who would like to share how they answered the challenge?
- Is anyone stuck? How can we encourage you or help you?
- What did you hear from the Lord as you worked through this topic?
- How might God be asking you to respond inwardly or outwardly regarding this topic?
- Take time to pray. The goal is to lead the group into transformation. The group works through each topic and helps and supports one another. It’s easy to get caught up in prayer time with asking for our problems to be solved. Instead, encourage the women that as they pray to also ask the following:
- “Help me see where is God at work in and around me. His Presence and Grace are with me even in the midst of my problems?”
- “How can I join Him there? What does He want me to do or not do? What am I to learn? How can I join Him in this process?
- How does He want me to change in order to take on more of His character? To become more like Him?”
- Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasingand perfect will.
- Example: iChoose2 Be Optimistic “Oh Lord, I have gotten in the habit of seeing how things can go wrong. I almost expect things to go wrong instead of expecting them to go right. I’m beginning to see my kids take on that same trait. Lord, I want to see life with bright eyes. I believe you are asking me to recalibrate my thinking and be expectant. No not everything will work out as planned but even in that I can trust that your way is better. I choose to be optimistic, Lord. I know I will be happier and my family will be happier as well as I take on a brighter outlook.”
We hope you will build a closer bond with other people going through this iChoose2 Love My Life book together. Remember, you want to live a life you love. You are taking a step by step journey to shift perspective, live intentionally and embrace life! Enjoy your journey.