One of my FAVORITE features of Facebook is GROUPS! And quite honestly, I really believe that groups can and will give you the extra “bump” you need to build your business. Let me explain some of my top tips to help you do this:
√Get Involved: Truthfully, there are some GREAT FB groups that you should get involved with. The key point being, “involved.” Yes, there are plenty of groups on FB that are Spam fests, but there are also plenty of groups that offer some great tips, strategies and help! The more groups like this that you can get involved with, the more opportunities you will have to share your expertise. The goal of joining any group should be to help as much as possible!
And, finding these groups is so very simple! In Facebook, you will do a Graph search using phrases like this:
“Groups of people who like __________.” In that blank spot, you can add the name of your fan page, the fan page of an influencer in your field, or even a topic.
“Groups joined by people who like __________.”
“Groups joined by my friends.”
√ Suggested Groups: Another great way to find groups to join is to see what groups Facebook suggests for you. When you click on your groups from the left hand side of your Facebook Personal Profile Newsfeed, you will see a “bar” like this.
When you click on “Suggested Groups” Facebook will display a variety of groups you may be interested in based on your interests.
√ Create Your Own Group: Creating and actively engaging in your own Facebook Group is another great way to showcase you as the expert. But, before you jump, let me share some very specific and important tips:
- Have a purpose for your group. Really take some time to think this through. Will this group be created to attract new leads? Is it to connect with current customers? Is it a group geared towards the launching of a new product or service? Having a clear purpose for your group will help you organize how your group looks and runs.
- What will your group be made of? How will you keep engagement running on a daily basis? Will you be providing questions, tips and strategies or will you allow group members to post questions of their own?
- How will you keep up with Spam? No matter how hard you try, there will be those who will come in and spam the group. Do you have time to monitor this?
- Do you have time to engage with people on a daily basis? Will you have time to answer their questions?
Creating a group for your business can be WONDERFUL, but don’t be dismayed; it does take a lot of work to make it successful!
√ Advertise Your Group: One of the best ways to get your group moving and growing is by advertising it. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Share the group link across your platforms. Invite people to join you.
- Have a direct link on your email signature that invites people to join you.
- Write a blog post about your group.
- Advertise your group. You can actually do this by creating a “Clicks to Website” ad in Facebook.
- Share your group on your website! Have a special place on your website where people can click and ask to join your group.
- When people buy a product or download your freebie from your website, make sure that your Auto Responder encourages them to join your free group.
- Host an event for your group specifically. This will draw people in to your group!
Facebook groups are a WONDERFUL way to not only bring an awareness of who you are and your expertise, but it’s also a great way to connect with people who you otherwise would have not connected with. And with over 700 MILLION active Facebook group users every month, why wouldn’t you take advantage of this GREAT business building opportunity that is available to you?
Share with me below, what have been some of your FAVORITE Facebook groups?