I LOVE a brand new year, don’t you? But wait! 2012 is rounding the corner and rushing to pass the baton to 2013!
Once the year is finished, you can’t take it back. With just five questions you can turn this year into a dynamic year while at the same time preparing for a vibrant 2013. I encourage you to find a comfy place and answer the following questions. You deserve to finish this year well, so take a few minutes to reflect and make a plan. Here are a few questions Coach Betsy has for you:
1. If Year 2012 could whisper something to you, what would it say?
Would it say you took some time out for fun? Would it say you’ve spent your days rushing along and beg you to savor the moments? Would it thank you for making it memorable in a positive way? What message do you hear?
2. What is your soul yearning for? Let’s face it, most of us rush here and there, complete tasks, plan more stuff, and try to fit in all the mundane details that we think needed to be done yesterday. Meanwhile, our souls are hungering for adventure or travel or deep conversation or quiet or music or _____________ (you fill in the blank).
3. If you could accomplish just ONE thing before 2012, what would it be? Sometimes we put off doing something because it’s easier to have an idea or dream than to actually do it. Overcome your fear or procrastination, get unstuck and move forward to complete just ONE thing you really want to accomplish before 2013. Big or small, just ONE thing.
4. What is ONE step you can take to simplify your life? Plain and simple: what can you de-clutter, what can you wipe off your calendar, what task can you streamline to make life less complicated?
5. How can you prepare NOW to make sure you finish 2012 and start 2013 the way you truly want to live?
Take action now to finish 2012 well and be prepared to live 2013 the way you’ve always wanted to live. Life is not a dress rehearsal. It is a precious gift. The Holy Spirit works within us to guide us and align us with God’s desire for our lives. Take time today to reflect and hear what the core of your being is saying.
Psalm 90:12 NIV “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
Please leave a comment below sharing one thing you would like to do before the end of 2012.