Our team recently polled women asking them if they feel successful. We were shocked to find how many women said NO! We knew there would be some but the number we got back broke our hearts. When we looked at these women, we saw SUCCESS! These women had so much going for them: thriving marriages & children, profitable businesses, had thousands of followers on Social Media. We thought that those women would no doubt check “Yes, I feel successful!”
But they didn’t.
And if THEY didn’t, the ones we thought would surely think so, then what IS the missing link? What is it that makes us feel & in reality BE successful.
During our iBloom Virtual Retreat, Kelly Gore taught us key points that will help you live a life where you feel successful because you are truly experiencing what success looks like to you.
“We can’t be all things to all people nor do we have unlimited availability, so we must discern where and how God wants us to invest our time and energy for this season of our life. Ask God to show you what your top priorities for this season need to be.” ~Kelly Thorne Gore
Want to start feeling successful? Follow these tips and you will see a major change in how you view your success and ultimately in how you are living your life each day:
- Change your perspective: Are you being crazy hard on yourself? Are you not pleased because you aren’t perfect? NO ONE is perfect. There are seasons we go through in life. It will take you a lifetime to do what you are called to do over your lifetime. Don’t wait until right before your funeral to acknowledge your lifetime of accomplishments.
- Choose to see success along the way: Your big goals are going to take time. Don’t wait to celebrate when those big goals are completely finished with a neat bow on them. Break those BIG goals into manageable chunks, then break the chunks into daily tasks to get you there. CELEBRATE as you finish the small steps that will eventually get you there.
- WRITE DOWN your goals: I repeat, WRITE DOWN your goals. It is not enough to think it. You need to put it on paper. Better yet, write it in multiple places. Have SMART goals so you can clearly see your target: Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Time-bound If you aren’t super specific in what and when you want it accomplished, you will never know when you’ve met a goal or worse, you will never reach your goal. Take the time to sit down and map out your SMART goals.
- Give yourself permission to say NO: In order to make your specific goals happen, you will have to say NO to things that don’t line up with your priorities and goals for this season. It doesn’t mean you won’t say yes at another time. Be ruthlessly protective of your time, keeping your priorities in mind every single time you are asked to add something to your calendar.
- Plan how you will celebrate: Make lists of ways you can celebrate! Big goal celebrations will be more elaborate but make lists all the way down to free things you can do to pamper yourself/ celebrate. It could be simply making time for a bubble bath, reading magazines, painting your nails, etc. These don’t have to cost money. It’s more about having a mindset that values taking time to recognize progress and pamper yourself after you’ve worked hard to meet a goal!
Life is short. I believe that God does not want us to be beating ourselves up all the time feeling like we aren’t successful. He has given each of us an assignment! As we spend time with Him, getting our assignment each day, then going into our day focused & determined to take the steps necessary to see change…THEN, when we are doing THAT… we can’t help but feel successful! We will go into each day with excitement and purpose. We will celebrate along the way. We will know that according to our own definitions of what success means to each of us individually, we truly feel successful as we journey through each day and each season of our lives.
SHARE WITH US: What aha did you get about feeling successful? OR what is your favorite way to celebrate along the way?