You have a message to share on your blog! Turning that message into a post that your ideal customer will want to read can be a bit tricky though. I want to help you blog like a pro! Here are the guidelines our iBloom Team uses for writing irresistible blog posts. Blogging done right will build relationships with your customers, provide them great content, and build your business. We at iBloom want you to be successful in all that you do, including your blogging. So, here you go!
- Think in terms of shareable content
- Identify your Keyword/Phrase
- Use your Keyword/Phrase in the title, first sentence, and again the exact word/phrase 2-3 other times in the blog post.
- About 500 words per post
- Use short paragraphs – 3-4 sentences per paragraph
- Keep sentences short
- Provide internal links to other blog posts you’ve done that might expand more on your topic.
Write for a 6-8th grade reading level. Here’s a tutorial for turning on the Flesch-Kincaid reader in Word: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/test-your-document-s-readability-HP010148506.aspx
More About Keywords/ Phrase
Your Keyword/Phrase is what your ideal customer might search for in Google when they are looking for information on the topic you’re covering in your blog.
Here are a few examples:
- Facebook Advertising
- Time Management Tips
- Summer Activities for Kids
Keyword Planner is a great tool for looking for other keyword ideas.
Click “Search for new keyword or ad idea”
Enter your keyword idea
Click “Get Ideas”
Format for Blog Posts:
- Title – This is the most important part of your post. Be sure that it includes your keyword/phrase, intrigues people to read the post, and that it is shareable.
- Lead Paragraph – This is what will capture the reader. The first sentence should also be your meta description, so it explains the overall premise of the blog post and includes your keyword/phrase. A meta description is the 156 characters that shows up beneath the title when you do a search on Google. This helps people see if the description is what they are looking for when they search.
- Relevant Image – This too should capture the reader (think like a magazine).
- Personal Experience – If you have a personal story that applies to the content, then share it here. This is your opportunity to be honest & transparent.
- Main Body – Everything before this has been the introduction. Try to make everything in this section scannable. Bullet Points, Numbers, etc. are good for this.
- Discussion Question – This is your opportunity to create dialogue & build a community on your blog.
If you read all of this and think, “I still don’t want to do all of this but I know I need to do this.”, then check out our iBloom In Business services. We would love to be part of the dream team for your business! When you delegate those tasks that aren’t in your brilliance zone, it will free you up to do what you do best.
Examples of iBloom In Business services are:
- Writing, creating titles, recycling content, & editing your blog posts
- Creating the image for your blog posts
- Helping you define your keywords/ phrases for your business to use in your blog posts which will help you know what to blog about
To learn more or get a quote for business services, visit us at https://ibloom.co/business/