If you know me, you know that I LOVE social media and the power it has to inspire hope in the lives of others. If you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you also know that my main social media message is all about being different and being someone that is worth following: #BeDifferent #BeWorthFollowing.
As the Social Media Specialist for iBloom, I live on social media and honestly, I come across quite a few posts on a daily basis that just cause me to ask, “Why?” Today, let me share with you top 12 No-No’s that will help keep you from “looking bad” online:
- Arguing back and forth about what you think is right
- Complaining about your job and your boss
- Messaging people about your business when you’ve never struck up a normal conversation with them
- Sending out a group direct message
- Adding people to a group without their permission
- Posting a link to your business as soon as you gain access to a group
- Complaining about what the social media platform isn’t doing for you
- Complaining about your spouse, children, friends, family members, etc.
- Copying word for word the posts of others and using them as your own
- Name calling and being sarcastic in your responses to people
- Being arrogant and thinking that you are too “big” to help others and answer questions that they have
- Making it all about you
Many people today wonder why social media isn’t giving them the results that they had hoped for. But honestly, they are not getting those results because of the way they are “treating” their social media platforms. I promise, if you start being someone that is different and worth following, you will find a community that loves you and is all about what you have to offer!