Does this sounds familiar: “ I would love to be more active on social media but quite honestly, I have NO idea what kind of content I should be posting on a daily basis. The thought of posting at minimum 4x a day, just kind of makes me sick to my stomach.”
If you have ever uttered these words or at least, felt them inside of you, know that you are not alone. One of the questions I get asked the most is, “how do I find content to post on a regular basis on social media?”
Today, let me share with you some of my top tips to creating content that gets noticed and helps YOU get more Likes, Comments, Shares, Tweets, +1’s, etc.
1) Know Your Community: First and foremost, you MUST know your community. You must know who your ideal client is. What questions do they have? How old are they? What do they need help with? What keeps them up at night? What do they find value in?
Knowing who your ideal client is, will help you create content that not only gets noticed, but gets engagement!
2) Deliver Value: Don’t be afraid to share your expertise! This is why people follow you! They want your tips, ideas, suggestions, etc. Allow yourself to share valuable blog posts that answer the questions that your ideal client has, tips throughout the day that give people that “extra” they need to take the next step, a 1-2 minute video that showcases your knowledge, etc. Deliver value at least 3x a day! Let your community know that you know what you are talking about!
3) Be Consistent and Persistent: I can’t stress this enough. Those that win on social media are those that consistently post and engage throughout the day AND those who are persistent! Don’t give-up just because you don’t see immediate engagement. Keep going….it will come!
4) Use Variety: The biggest mistake I see most business owners making is that they post the same kind of posts all throughout the day. Don’t do this! Here are some ideas:
- Post pictures 2-3 times a day. These pictures can include personal pictures, behind the scenes pictures, inspirational graphics, quotes on a graphic, product graphics, etc. Just be sure to post some pictures that are visually appealing throughout the day.
- Post a blog post once a day. This helps showcase you as the expert in your field!
- Post Encouraging, Motivational, and/or Inspirational posts at least 2-3 times a day. Believe it or not, no matter what industry you are in, people on social media are looking for encouragement. Don’t be afraid to encourage the hearts of your audience.
- Ask questions! Be Fun, be engaging! Ask your community a question or two throughout the day and then, be ready to respond when they answer you!
- Post 2-4 valuable tips throughout the day! Remember, you are the expert in your field, so share valuable content with your community! You can do this through text posts, graphics, and/or video. Don’t be shy with what you know!
5) Post at least 4x a day: If you know me, you’ve heard me say this time and time again. The minimum you should be posting is 4x a day. What’s even better is when you can post every hour. And yes, you can do this when you know your community, what they want and you use variety! That’s the key difference.
6) Know Your Insights: When was the last time you checked your insights on Facebook? Your tweets on Twitter ? Do you know what some of your best performing tweets are? What about +1’s on Google+? Do you know what people are sharing and commenting on? When you know your insights, you can use that to your advantage to create more content that your community will love you for!
7) Be Human: Most importantly, don’t be afraid to be human! Give people the opportunity to get to know you! And yes, don’t be afraid to take some selfies here and there (more on that in another post). People want to know the person/people behind the business. Share your life with them!
Here’s what I want you do! I want you to make a commitment to take one step this week, What ONE tip will you implement on your social media platforms this week:
- Posting at least 4x a day?
- Sharing some behind the scenes pictures?
- Sharing at least 2-3 niche specific tips?
- Learning about my social media insights?
- Gaining a clearer picture of who my ideal client is?
- Asking 1-2 questions a day and responding back to those that engage with me?
- Blogging more often and sharing my posts on social media?
Go ahead, choose an action step and then let me know below which one you plan on diving into this week!