This blog series is focusing on five things happy people do every day. You’ll be glad to know you can CHOOSE to do these things!! If you missed the first two segments, visit our iBloom blog to catch up. To review, here are the five things happy people do every day that we are focusing on:
1. Find something to be grateful about.
2. Find your funny bone.
3. Let love ooze out of you.
4. Allow yourself to be playful; i.e. don’t take yourself so seriously.
5. Find something meaningful to do.
Number 3: Let Love Ooze Out of You
Yeah, yeah. We all know we are supposed to love. We all know that even when someone gets us all riled up or when we strongly disagree with them or when they just plain irritate us we still love them, right? Really, way down deep inside we love them. But what good is all that way down deep inside kind of love? When I keep it stuffed inside and what is showing on the outside is disgust, offense, irritation, and disappointment, then the message I am conveying to the other person is, “You aren’t good enough. There’s something wrong with YOU. You’re a slimeball.”
If my love isn’t oozing out so people can see it, then I’m no different than the Pharisees Jesus said “Woe!” to. (Matthew 23, Luke 11)
Please don’t gag when what I’m about to say sounds syrupy sweet to you: HAPPY PEOPLE LET LOVE OOZE OUT OF THEM.
It’s very difficult to let our love show. We’ve gotten in the habit of critiquing others, engaging in “innocent” gossip, or fearing WE will be rejected or ridiculed.
So what’s the key? How can I let my love ooze out?
1. Happy people choose to know they are secure in God. WOW!! God sent His precious son so that we might have LIFE. He tells us over and over in His word how much He loves us… no matter what!
2. Also happy people choose to love others because GOD loves them. Just as God loves us when we make mistakes or behave in hurting ways, He chooses to love the people WE think behave badly.
Choose to know you are secure in God. Choose to love others because GOD loves them, not because they behave the way we want them to behave.
Okay so I just typed out 10 ways you can show love and I deleted them. TMI. Just focus on interacting with people in a warm loving way, even if you don’t “feel” warm and loving. Smile and tell people how they are valuable. You will feel good and they will feel even better. Let your love ooze out!
Jeremiah 31:3 (New International Version)
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
We invite you to sign up for our FREE iChoose2 journey. iChoose2 Love My Life is one avenue we use to equip you with the essential tools needed to really live a life of passion, balance, purpose, and fulfillment.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to iChoose2 Love My Life and sign up (fill in your name & email in the box to the right of the page)
2. For the next 40 days, you’ll receive an email from iBloom with your daily iChoose2 challenge.
3. WARNING: At the end of this 40-day journey, if you’ve really participated in each challenge, then your life will be different! You’ll be on your way to really living a life that you love!