Social media can get the best of us at times. We hop onto Facebook for a few minutes, as happy as can be and then, 5-minutes later we are either angered by something someone posted, saddened by the recent prognosis of friend who has been sick for far too long, or envious of the friend who just received a great gift from her significant other.
Is it possible to enjoy social media without it affecting our mindset for the rest of the day? You bet! Here are my top 15 Social Media Mindset Success Tips that will not only help you succeed on social media, but will also help social media from taking a toll on your mind:
- Don’t attend every discussion/argument on social media. Use your time wisely.
- If you find yourself comparing, unfollow. If you find yourself using their voice/ideas/copy, unfollow. If you find yourself getting mad by what they post, unfollow. If you find yourself obsessing about what they are doing, unfollow.
- If someone starts hating on your post(s), don’t fuel the flame. You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. And if need be, remove the comment and block.
- Don’t waste your time watching what your competitor is doing. Focus on your story, your calling.
- Unfollow anyone who thinks it’s a good idea to call other people names. Who needs that in their life?
- Unfollow anyone who continually gripes, complains and whines about his or her job, life, family, etc.
- Don’t take it personally when people unfriend you, unfollow you or when they don’t comment or like your posts. It’s nothing personal.
- Don’t be afraid to be YOU!
- Stop following every “guru” out there. Pick 1-3 and focus on them only! Too many voices lead to confusion and debt (because you keep buying their trainings and then never go through them).
- Unfollow those who consistently post fear-based articles, videos, etc. We do not serve a God of fear!
- Don’t let your numbers on social media influence what you think about yourself, your business, your success, your impact.
- Choose VERY carefully whom you will be “friends” with and whom you will follow. These people are speaking into your life on a daily basis.
- Time yourself. Don’t allow your platforms to be opened all day. Give yourself a time limit and then move on.
- Stop comparing your current season of life to someone else’s. We are all on different journeys.
- Know what makes you unique, different and one-of-a-kind. Choose to #BeWorthFollowing.
What do you think? Which “Mindset Success Tip” do you feel you need to improve upon?